Dream Bigger, Think Bigger, Act Bigger!
Did you know that over 40 per cent of US-based businesses are owned by women? It sounded like exciting news to me, until I realized that 90% of these businesses are single-person entities, which means that they employ no one else apart from the owner.
So What’s Wrong with that?
• The owner is too busy working IN the business to work ON the business. Day to day affairs take precedence over strategy. Opportunities are likely to be missed when the owner is too busy working and does not have time to think.
• The operations of the business depends 100% on the availability of the owner. That means the owner cannot take any time off for pleasure, for illness or for family, without negatively impacting the business. This is a recipe for owner burnout.
• Revenue and Impact of the business in the community are limited. A good business exists to provide a comfortable lifestyle for the owner and a source of livelihood for others.
So Why Is It Happening?
• Women limit themselves through Dreaming too small. How do you visualize the future of your business? Do you see it being a major employer in your community? Do you see it changing your industry? Do you see it thriving beyond your lifespan?
• Women self-sabotage through second-guessing their ideas and doubting their abilities. If you think You Can or You think You Can’t, You are right.
• Women are paralyzed by fear into inaction. The need to be safe though useful serves as a disincentive to take risks and bold action. Waiting for fear to go away is a waste of time. Do it Afraid.
So What’s the Solution?
- Dream Bigger – Imagine the impact of your product or service, not just on your community but on the world.
- Think Bigger – Explore innovative ways to achieve your dreams for your business.
- Act Bigger – Step out boldly and take Bigger Action.
I challenge you to build a 6 or even 7 figure business. I challenge you to become the kind of employer that you would want to work for. I challenge you to change the narrative of women in business.
The world is waiting and I am rooting for you.